Monday, August 3, 2009

Who is Bill Pope?

Back again.

Just wanted to pass on the great experience I had at the Bloor Theatre this week in Toronto. I attended The Wright Stuff, hosted by acclaimed UK Director, Edgar Wright, (Shawn of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Spaced), where a double-bill of Bill Pope movies was playing.

Who is Bill Pope?

Glad you asked.

Bill is an acclaimed cinemetographor, best known for little movies like, Spiderman 2 and 3, The Matrix Trilogy, Clueless, Judd Apetow's Freaks and Geeks pilot, Darkman, Evil Dead 1 & 2 and Army of Darkness, and too many more to list here. Suffice it to say, he's the shit.

Anyway, between screenings of Army of Darkness and Team America: World Police, (another Bill Pope gem), Edgar and Bill entertained questions from an eager crowd of movie buffs. I must say it was one of those thoroughly enjoyable experiences that made me wanna go out and "be all that I can be" as a storyteller/moviemaker/human being, (okay maybe not), so here I am, hoping to spread the inspiration.

If you fancy yourself an artist (and lets face it, we all do in some form or fashion), don't just sit on the sidelines. Get out there and be what you are. Focus on the joy of it, rather than the results and the results you desire will be far more likely to come. You don't have to move mountains in one day. JUST DO SOMETHING! Big, small, short, fat, whatever.

Okay, end of sermon.

Just thought I'd pass it along to movie afficionados like and myself and casual goers alike.

Be back soon.
Thanks for reading.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment