Tuesday, August 18, 2009

District 9

Saw District 9 last night.
Wow.

All I can say is I was very impressed. For a "low budgest" movie, (or any movie), the special effects were spectacular. High praise to everyone involved, particularly director (and co-writer), Neill Blomkamp, his co-scribe, Terri Tatchell and lead actor, Sharlto Copley. I admit, I'm not terribly familiar with any of these people, but I will be eagerly anticipating their careers from now on.

I'm not much of a reviewer so I won't recap. All I can say is, I thought it was, by far, the most thoughtful sci-fi/action movie of the summer, (which isn't saying much), and perhaps, even, all time. Yes, I would go so far as to say that.

District 9 is, for me, what science fiction, (and storytelling in general), is all about. Allegory, metaphor, fun, thought-provoking and, definitely most important, engaging. I urge people to support this film by seeing it and wanting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment