Saturday, May 8, 2010

Simpsons Round-up!


Yes, it's that time again. Time for a r-r-r-round-up! (tryin' something new there, sorry). Gotta say I loved the heck outta last week's episode. Ditto the one before that. This year's shaping up to be pretty strong. Here's the official synop:

"To Surveil With Love"
05/02/10
A bomb squad mistakenly blows up Homer's unattended gym bag, releasing radiation into the city and authorities react by suspending civil liberties. Wiggum and his men install surveillance cameras around Springfield and round up suspected terrorists, inclusing groundskeeper Willie, but when monitoring the nonstop flow of video imagery proves to be too much, Wiggum enlists concerned citizens to help keep the city safe. Meanwhile, Lisa becomes fed up with being blonde so she dyes her hair a dark color.

As I said, a fantastic ep firing on all cylinders.
I thought it had a great story with some truly funny bits. All the stuff about cameras across Springlfield made for very solid satire chock full of biting social commentary. It really felt a lot like The Simpsons of old. I particularly enjoyed the B-story about Lisa going Brunette, (though I never really saw her as blonde; just yellow), and then, of course coming to her level-headed senses. The children's book about 'A Circle in Squaresville' (or something like that) was clever and spot-on. I also dug the bit when Bart found 'the blind spot' with his butt and Homer turned it into a zone of lawlessness. That's my doh-awg!


And now for a few memorable lines:

Mayor Quimby: Is this what the framers of the Constitution would want?
Wally: Well, I'm Wally of Wally's Framers, and this is exactly what I want.

Chief Wiggum: Now, just follow a little formula called PB & J. Peer at the monitor. Be judgmental. And jot it down. One way to remember that is A-B-C. Always Be Considering PB & J. But the single most important rule is the four As. Always Act According to A-B-C.

Queen Elizabeth: I'll miss that Ralph Wiggum. Reminds me of my boy.
Prince Charles: Oh, mummy, my cat's breath smells like cat food.

Principal Skinner: Ralph Wiggum will be standing in for your lectern.
Ralph: I'm a furniture.


Next week it's another new one. I can't remember when there's been this many in one strecch...not that I'm complaining...

Peace out,

D.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment