Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Those Years

I'm currently in the process of revamping a script I wrote almost ten years ago. It was my second, then titled "Tasting Paper," (a pot smoking reference), and now, "Those Years," which refers to a young man returning to his old high school for his fifteen year reunion, only to bond with his former tormentor.

It's a comedy, modelled after one of my favorite films, Gross Pointe Blank, starring John Cusack. I've always liked the story, which parallels a man who can't let go of his disasterous high school experience with a young student who seems to be on same trajectory. The rewrite has been slow-going, seeing as I have to sift through an over-written script to see what should stay and what should go. It's tedious, but I really believe in the story and the script did pretty well on the contest circuit back in the day. With the popularity of films like Old School and more recently, The Hangover, I've been itching to get this back out on the spec market. I just hope I can get my lazy ass in gear.

For a more detailed synopsis of Those Years, check out my Squidoo site. http://www.squidoo.com/peripheral

I'll keep you posted.

D.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment