Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Guess what? I'm getting published!


Yes it's true, though it may not be entirely what you think.
A month or so back I submitted a short story to Canadian Voices Volume Two, an anthology of short stories, novel excerpts and poetry. You can find it in the archive section of this very blog, if it strikes your fancy.
Anyway, I just recieved word that my story, "The Red Maple Leaf," has been accepted and will be published sometime this summer. The publisher is a small, independent company called Bookland Press. www.booklandpress.com. They're based here in Toronto.
It's small, but definitely gratifying, considering I wasn't too sure about the story to begin with. This is the first time I'll be seeing my words in print, even if it is barely 2000 of them. Gotta say, I'm looking forward to it.
The hope is, I can build on this albeit small inroad of progress by leveraging it into new relationships with like-minded writers, editors, agents and publishers. I do have a few novels burning a hole in my hard drive, after all.

I'll continue to blog about my first experience into the terrifying world of publishing as it unfolds. Hope all you fellow aspirers out there will find it informative, and maybe even a little inspriring.

Cheers,

D.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment