Monday, February 1, 2010

Canadian Voices


I know it's been a while but I've been kinda busy working on a new short story. It's called, The Red Maple Leaf, and its written from the point of view of a little boy who lost his mother in Afghanistan. I've been working on it for some time now, trying to get it ready for an anthology book called Canadian Voices, Volume Two. The book is being put out by Bookland Press, a Canadian publisher who had tremendous success a couple years back with Canadian Voices, Volume One. Both books are designed to showcase up-and-coming Canadian writers with a diverse selection of short stories, poetry and novel excerpts. I urge you to check it out.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Canadian-Voices-Volume-One-Anthology-Canadian-Anthology/9780978439552-item.html

Anyway, I got my story in late last night. It turned out pretty well, (I hope). Either way, it was a blast to write, a real challenge and if, for whatever reason, it doesn't quite work for this publisher, I'll be sure to shop it around someplace else. (And post it up here, of course).

Don't panic.
Regular blogging should be getting back to normal now.

Coming soon:

The long-awaited Chapter Twelve of my momumental horror-epic, An Axis Oblique, (only two more to go, people). Plus, a new exciting installment of Simpsons Roundup!, and 'What Am I reading?'

See you soon.

D.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment