Friday, March 30, 2012

I (heart) L.A.

So here I am in sunny La-La land, (well, it's not all that sunny), and I'm gearing up for the third annual Inktip Pitch and Networking Summit, (www.inktip.com). Gotta say, so far it's been a blast.

I'm not ashamed to say it's my first time here and I'm doing my best to soak up as much as I can while balancing that with extensive preparation for my two scripts, (and one treatment) -- oh, and a little sleep would be nice.

Yesterday I hit the Santa Monica Pier, (don't worry, there was no damage), then hauled ass down to Hollywood Boulevard where I swear, it felt like I'd just crossed into a sexy Fox drama, (from the 90s anyway). I also had my first taste of Carl's Jr. Guess I'm officially a West Coaster. Hooray!

Today was all about seminars...and maybe some networking. It's all about networking, kids. I just got out of my last one and I'm about seminar-ed out. Now it's all about getting my pitch(es) into game shape. Lean, mean, short and hopefully sweet.

What are my hopes?

Modest, but optimistic. I know my three stories upside-down, inside-out, so really, it's all about strategy. Who to pitch, how to pitch, and when to shut the f*ck up.

At the very least, I aim to have a fun experience, learn some new shit, and make some new friends, (by which I mean contacts, of course - friends are for sitcom execs).

I kid. Seriously, I'm running on fumes here.

Time to sign off for the night. A long night of rehearsing awaits.

I'll be sure and post my experience as soon as I'm done living it.

Bye for now.

D.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment